- What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Met Marianas Trench…. Twice…. On the same day. Went on a Marianas Trench a-thon (5 shows this year). Decided to get a tattoo (getting it in March). Went on a Cruise. Visited Alaska. Touched a glacier. Won a painting. Took a sculpture class. Went to Fan Expo. Submitted a video to a vlog and then met Michael Aranda a few weeks later. Went to two concerts that were almost private shows, which was kinda awesome. Attended a private movie screening. Streaked a section of my hair blue. Spent almost the full night at work – bordered on
- Did you keep your New Years’ Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn’t make any resolutions last year. Just surviving the year is good enough, usually. Not really making any thing year earlier. Although, as I did say on Twitter earlier today, I’m going to go back to school in the beginning on January. And to continue to work on living outside my comfort zone.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
KD had a gorgeous little boy that I haven’t met yet.
- Did anyone close to you die?
Not to my knowledge.
- What countries did you visit?
The USA – Texas specifically – in January. And again to the USA in June when I went on the cruise to Alaska. Otherwise I’d just spent time in my home area.
- What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Family health. We were getting there but… A better love life. A new home.
- What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 19 – When I met Marianas Trench, twice. March 21 – Got Josh Ramsay’s guitar pic post Wildfire. June 2 – Plans and Disguises – met Dylan and Woody. Fan expo – Sept 3.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Learning how to put distance between myself and some of my toxic friends – it’s still a work in progress but I’m going the right way. Making some new friends. Close ones, and not as close ones, but still friends none-the-less. Discovered a MASSIVE issue at work – resulted in me getting an Achievers award for it.
- What was your biggest failure?
Not finding a better work/life balance. Not saying no when I needed to.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
Mother-fucking-Mono. Miserable there. Couple of random little illnesses too.
- What was the best thing you bought?
A new camera. Although I only bought half of that. Tickets to all the events I attended.
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
Sometimes mine, sometimes not.
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Generalized Americans who voted for, and elected, Trump. The boss, occasionally.
- Where did most of your money go?
The Alaskan Cruise/Vancouver trip. Marianas Trench stuff – merch, tickets, etc. But both were so worth it.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Marianas Trench shows, ESPECIALLY the one with Keiran. Spending time with my family.
- What song will always remind you of 2016?
Who Do You Love – Marianas Trench.
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? Cautiously happier
- thinner or fatter? Thinner, but not by much.
- richer or poorer? Richer in more than money
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
Been more confident in myself – in my talents, thoughts and just self in general.
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
Given in to my fear.
- How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas Eve was at my Aunt’s house, with Aunt, Uncle, Oma, Laura, Laura’s boyfriend, and boyfriend’s daughter. Christmas Day was just immediate family. We made a turkey, opened presents, watched some movies.
- Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
My mom, on calls. Texting likely Keiran and Isabelle.
- Did you fall in love in 2016?
I tried very very hard to not. I did not succeed. Which is unfortunate, seeing as it’s unrequited love once more.
- How many one-night stands?
Not a one…. Not for lack of trying.
- What was your favorite TV program?
Code Black. Murdoch Mysteries. Still Standing. X Company.
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate, no. Strong dislike, yes.
- What was the best book you read?
The ones I finished.
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
Plans and Disguises – Just before I met them. I’ve fallen that much more in love with Marianas Trench
- What did you want and get?
Much more than I deserved.
- What did you want and not get?
There’s a few things that I desired that I didn’t get. Maybe I didn’t deserve them.
- What was your favorite film of this year?
Didn’t have a favourite. There were quite a few delightful ones though.
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old?
I honestly don’t recall what I did. Worked, I’m sure. I turned 34.
- What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Reciprocated attraction. But we’re getting there.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
Whatever I wanted, as long as it was situationally appropriate. Although most of my shopping happened at Torrid.
- What kept you sane?
Friends. Family. The kitty.
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Josh Ramsay is still at the top of this list.
- What political issue stirred you the most?
There were a lot of political issues that got under my skin. Which is interesting seeing as I don’t like to follow political issues.
- Who did you miss?
The people I wasn’t with.
- Who was the best new person you met?
Honestly, I met a bunch of new people this year. And I include “met” as “got to know a lot better” in the met category.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016:
That love is expressed in many different ways. And that it’s okay to let go of people and say no to them – especially when they replace you in their life.
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Everything goes quiet, it’s like I just can’t move
You say I might as well try it, there’s nothing left to lose
Nothing will change if you never choose
~ Marianas Trench “Who Do You Love”