- What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Traveled with Lee-Anne to Roatan, Honduras. Attended a beach wedding for a bride and groom I’d just met a few days before. Swam off the deep end (lol) also known as crossed the barrier reef into the real ocean, and watched a school of blue fish swim off. Installed a series of computers at work with no help from Tech Support. Laid bricks/ did concrete work with my father. Attended a VIP concert for Matt Good and loved it. Traveled with my parents for the first time in a long time. Drove the boat while towing the dock all by myself (my uncle being in the boat doesn’t count).
- Did you keep your New Years’ Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did not have any New Years’ Resolutions, except to make it to the New Year. I’m working on a new list of 101 things in 1001 days, and others, but it’s not “Resolutions”.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
Amanda gave birth to a little girl. If there was anyone else… I’m drawing a blank.
- Did anyone close to you die?
Not to my knowledge.
- What countries did you visit?
In 2014 I finally ventured out of my Canada/USA box and visited Cuba. This year it was Roatan, in Honduras. Otherwise I traveled mostly just in Canada… I don’t think I even made it to the USA this year.
- What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Health/family health. A better love life, job and home. But if I can’t have all those, it’s okay.
- What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Christmas was pretty awesome this year. No one was sick, the food was delicious, and there was lots of good company. Presents were pretty nice too.
Hmm… because I’m thinking about it right now, October 27 cause that’s when Keiran bought Marianas Trench tickets for January.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving work without causing bodily harm? I would say graduating from college but when the diploma arrived in mid January it was dated December. Eh, what the hell. Graduating from College.
- What was your biggest failure?
Not finishing part two of my college program. Still not holding a G2 drivers license. Not finding the right house to buy. Not finding a better work/life balance. Letting people get to me and not saying “no” when I wanted to. Wait, there was only supposed to be one, wasn’t there?
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
Don’t I always? I can’t recall any specifics, however.
- What was the best thing you bought?
Isn’t this a loaded question. Also very commercialized. I suspect the best thing I purchased would have been the Writing Class I did. Other good things I’ve bought would be gifts I’ve given away.
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
Sometimes mine, sometimes not. Canadians in general for finally electing out Harper.
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The boss, once in a while. Same with some other coworkers. Americans who are against gun regulation.
- Where did most of your money go?
Rent. Savings. Food. Video games.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The trip to Roatan. The Matt Good tickets. The Marianas Trench tickets for next year. Spending time with my family.
- What song will always remind you of 2015?
Astoria was released end of 2015. That’s what’ll remind me of 2015.
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
- a) happier or sadder? Cautiously happier
- b) thinner or fatter? About the same
- c) richer or poorer? About the same
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
Been confident in my self.
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
Given in to my fear.
- How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas at home with my parents and my sister. Christmas Eve My Aunt Jane, Uncle Horst, Laura and Oma came over for dinner. Christmas Day Aunt Sylvia, Uncle Tom and Katie came over. Boxing Day Aunt Liz and Uncle Paul came over and the day after Jen from high school/university and her family came over.
- Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
My mom, on calls. Texting likely Keiran and Isabelle.
- Did you fall in love in 2015?
- How many one-night stands?
Not a one.
- What was your favorite TV program?
Murdoch Mysteries. Still Standing. Both brilliant TV shows, and both staring Jonny Harris. I like a lot of Canadian TV as well.
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a very strong term. Strong dislike… now that I can get behind.
- What was the best book you read?
Almost all of them.
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hmm…. I don’t know. I like what I like and I like it because it’s awesome. I’ve fallen that much more in love with Marianas Trench and Matt Good.
- What did you want and get?
A lot of things.
- What did you want and not get?
A new home. A drivers license. A boyfriend. A new job.
- What was your favorite film of this year?
Couldn’t tell you. I saw a lot of movies and a lot of them were good, but there’s not one that screams FAVOURITE. Although I really enjoyed being able to watch the FULL Hunger Games Saga.
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old?
I had cake with my family, then went to Ikea with Lee-Anne. I turned 33.
- What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don’t know.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Casual alternative. Love me some ripped jeans and sarcastic t-shirts.
- What kept you sane?
The kitty. My friends.
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Erm…. Josh Ramsay. Jonny Harris. Just to start a long long list…
- What political issue stirred you the most?
The election that got us a new PM. Horray for Justin Trudeau.
- Who did you miss?
I don’t know.
- Who was the best new person you met?
I met a bunch of girls in 2014 when I started taking yoga classes, but I didn’t really get to know them until 2015. Those would be the best new people I met last year.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015:
It really, truly, is okay to say no to something you don’t want to do.
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Apologies, I’m not myself but I can guarantee
That when I get back, you won’t believe
That you knew me well
Don’t want to think about it
I’m fuckin’ tired of getting sick about it
Now stand back up and be a man about it
And fight for something, fight for something, fight for something, oh
~ Marianas Trench “Ever After”