1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Hmm… Made my first trip to New York City. Saw a Broadway musical, and an Off-Broadway play. Met Daria. Saw Ground-Zero. Ate dinner and hung out in Times Square. Shopped on Fifth Avenue.
Visited the Sunshine Coast in BC. Visited the West Coast of Vancouver Island. Stayed in a cabin on the beach with the most beautiful sunsets. Drove through the mountains. Went to Whistler.
Had and got dumped by a boyfriend.
Had a whirl-wind visit by KD in this horrible snowstorm. Spent my Birthday with Keiran! S aw the Brad and Colin show. Saw 4 Matt Good shows in 1 week.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t remember if I made any, so that likely means I didn’t keep them. I have made a few, but I really don’t call them Resolutions, per say. They will be posted in a bit.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I recall.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Went traveling in Canada and in the USA. Those are my places to travel.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Health/family health. Money would’ve been nice. A better love life. My own place that I own… but that one may have to wait a long time.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Umm…. Feb 15. My first date in a long while ha.
My birthday weekend.
Oct 31 – Halloween in NYC and meeting Daria
Dec 13, 14, 18, 19. Matt Good week.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I completed my first NaNoWriMo. My team at work won a quarterly award. I had a boyfriend for a while although I’m not sure how well he fits into this one or the next one…
9. What was your biggest failure?
The boyfriend I had. Not being able to save much money this year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got some weird hive/rash thing in BC that itched and hurt like CRAZY. I wanted to cut body parts off, it was that bad. And I’m always hurting myself in lil ways….
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmmm…. My camera. I loves it. And I’m currently in mad love with my Wii fit.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine! hahah no, I don’t know.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My answer for this is exactly the same as the above.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills. Lots and lots of bills this year. And vacations. Airfare, hotels, etc. Then the rest went to rent. They really add up. I’m sad that not as much went into my savings.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Umm… The Vancouver trip. I was way too excited about that, even though the planning on my part was very half-assed. And the New York trip. And meeting Daria. I was really really excited about that.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
There’s no one specific song. “Last Parade” by Matthew Good is one that stands out though. Same with “Come On Get Higher” By Matt Nathanson
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? About the same
b) thinner or fatter? About the same
c) richer or poorer? A lil bit poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Written. Spent time with Keiran.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spent money frivolously.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas at home with my parents. My sister was in the hospital again this year, but it was handled a lot better this year than last.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
My mom. And my sister.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
No, I did not. A like, maybe, but not a love.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Flashpoint. It gives me Hugh Dillon and it gave me a Brendan Fletcher ep together. Sweet. I enjoyed Castle. Otherwise… I’m still into cartoons. And I’ve picked up on Dr. Phil.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not hate, but it’s pretty close.
26. What was the best book you read?
I read quite a few books this year. I’m not sure which was the best.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I’m trying to think what it was I “discovered” this year… I listen to a lot of music, but I focus in on just a few. Averi, maybe.
28. What did you want and get?
A new camera. A Wii.
29. What did you want and not get?
Umm… A lot of things. More money. A good boyfriend.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old?
I turned 27 this year. I was in Texas and I went out for dinner with Keiran to CPK. My birthday curse got her though, and she fell down the stairs. Then we went out for desert at The Melting Pot for chocolate fondue… Mmm….
32. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Had my sister not been in and out of the hospital in such pain.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
I’m a little more fashion aware this year, but I’m all in my own style.
34. What kept you sane?
Keiran and Jake.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hugh Dillon. Brendan Fletcher.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I followed a lot of political issues this year that made me upset. Which just lead me to believe again that ignorance is bliss, but I’m still reading them…
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Face to face meeting? Daria! I’ve known her online for a long long time so it wasn’t exactly a “new” person meeting but it was awesome to finally meet face to face. There were a few people from work, ie John, who I’ve worked with for a long time that I finally got to meet in person as well, which was nice.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
That sometimes it’s really not worth it.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Well I grew up just around here
And I took a few just around here
And I’d wake up every day
With poison in my head behind exactly the same face