I have another post in the workings… I’m just slow at it. haha. But I do promise more to come.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
I got a permanent job. I went to Texas. I went tubing in a river. I broke my thumb. I stabbed a fork half-way through my baby finger. I stood on the American side of Niagara falls. I beat my New Years curse.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I’ve never kept any, so I’ve stopped making them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I can remember.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I went to the USA three times.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
More paid vacation days. Those would be heavenly. More privacy, more space…I’m tired of those ones lacking too.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My week that I went to Texas. The Monday before going to Texas that was the TTC strike hah. The day after Easter when I stabbed my finger. Going to Niagara with Keiran. Going to the American side of the falls and the stupid questions we got at customs. Conquering the fear of heights at the CN tower but not at the falls :-\ hi apparently I don’t know the meaning of short answers.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting an offer for a full-time permanent position at work. That was a pretty big achievement.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Being a bad friend.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yeah. The two finger things as mentioned above… Right now I’ve got a double ear-infection. I think there was a throat infection in there too…
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I honestly don’t know?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Almost everyones! ;)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My cousin. She’s turned into a monster. A certain male friend of mine, but what else is new.
14. Where did most of your money go?
I saved quite a bit of it. The stuff I did spend – rent and bills. On the fun stuff side, my trip to Texas.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Actually getting time off to go to Texas. Going to Texas. Tubing :-$ Seeing the kids.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
“Suddenly I See” by KT Tunstall
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder?
are you thinner or fatter?
A tiny bit thinner
richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Writing. I was reading over some of my writing last night and I remembered how happy I felt writing… I miss that. I also missed swimming. It feels like I haven’t been in the water in forever and I don’t like that.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Complain? Eaten less junk food? Wasted money on crap.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my Family, as per usual. Christmas Eve this year will be at Aunt Jane’s. We went to visit Aunt Sylvia as well, and most of the family was there. Christmas day mom made turkey and gramma came over. .
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Outside of work haha – Hands down my mom. Second would be Keiran.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I’ve lusted after a few people.
23. How many one-night stands?
Not a single one.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
CSI, CSI: Miami, House, ER, Intervention
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
It’s not so much hate as bitter towards? But yes, there’s two of them.
26. What was the best book you read?
Hmm…I’ve been reading a lot more design-type books than novel books. I really enjoyed Tideland. Almost as soon as the movie. Blog wise… Prolly the best blog I’ve been reading has been Matt Good’s.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
KT Tunstall, Anna Nalick, The HDRC. I’ve re-discovered Chantal Kreviazuk too
28. What did you want and get?
A job, a little bit of time off
29. What did you want and not get?
More time off. More time with friends. More love
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Was “Everyone” this year? Because I really like that movie, but I can’t remember if it was this year or last year or a few years ago. “RV” made me giggle endlessly.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old?
My birthday this year was pretty amazing even though I had to work. Laura had decorated work all up with balloons and streamers. Karen and Hannah got a muffin and stuck a candle in it for me. And they all sang happy birthday and later we went to see a (HORRIBLE) movie. I actually felt important on my birthday. I turned 24.
32. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don’t know…
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
I’ve become a little more fashion-aware? Blame it on having to wear grown-up clothes for work 5 days a week. And that I now love to shop for clothes, even though my body isn’t my best friend.
34. What kept you sane?
My Keiran, my mom and my cat, mostly.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have a facination with Greggo. Everyone knows it.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Politics annoy me recently.
37. Who did you miss?
My family. Keiran.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmm… I don’t know.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
That good friends are all ages and come from all parts of life. And that those whom are meant to be friends will still be there after a chuck of time has past.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
maybe it’s the sentimental me
everyone has got some of that
if I could chase the second hand
around the face
of every moment I have wasted
I wouldn’t change a single thing
I have no regrets and I’m not that patient